Nottingham Forest submit £30M for France international ahead of weekend

Latest Nottingham Forest news as Reds target Monaco midfielder. Nottingham Forest are reportedly preparing a bid for Monaco star Youssouf Fofana despite the midfielder apparently having previously turning down a move.

Earlier this month, Forest were said to be readying a formal offer for the 24-year-old before the player “closed the door” on a move to the City Ground. Forest remain determined to sign a midfielder before the window closes on September 1.

Youssouf Fofana in action against Arsenal
Youssouf Fofana in action against Arsenal (Image: PA)

According to the Daily Mail, the club are “lining up a bid” for Fofana. He is understood to be valued at £30million by the French outfit.

He has been an ever-present player for Monaco in the last three years. Prior to his move to Monaco, he helped Strasbourg win the Coupe de la Ligue and was a World Cup runner-up with France last year“Why can’t that be the case next season? And why not with me? Everyone is saying that it’s time to leave or say that I’m going to leave, but there are players in their prime playing at Lyon and Marseille.

“I’m not ruling anything out. Honestly, I’m the last person to think about my future.”

Elsewhere, Cooper is also keen to sign a full-back and a winger. Arsenal’s Nuno Tavares is being considered, while Forest face competition from Fulham for Callum Hudson-Odoi.

What did you make of the latest? Tell us in the comments section

Read Also  'A pleasure to watch': Pep Guardiola says £60k-a-week Newcastle man is simply 'incredible'